What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Monday, October 31, 2016

Barrow Hill The Dark Path 13: Hmmmmm.


OK, now I know I've missed something.

I have done everything. Read all the books again, checked every node (clearly I've missed one somewhere). Tried to combine inventory items. Checked under the car and all around it after I did something unexpected to it. 

Played the hidden object game again and this time it said I had won, but still, it won't budge beyond this screen:

But what is the prize?

Even after clearing all the objects and getting this screen, you can't get that screen off and something continues to bash on the door from the inside but never comes out.

So what was that for?

I did manage to get some more images from the magic hole. I thought that perhaps the word "Bygones" might have something to do with the runes, as one of them looks like a "B" and one a "y," but it's a bit difficult to assign the other runes to letters.

However, by just playing with them fairly systematically I managed to get a bunch of images. I have an old man, a hunter, an eye, a bird, a child, what might be a woman:

She has breasts and might be giving birth—yes? No?

But other than putting them in some kind of order perhaps from birth to old age—I don't yet know what these mean.

I tried to watch the video feed in the garage and got what I think is another glitch, but I doubt too many people have found this one:

Should we be able to see through the screen?

No, I doubt we should be able to see through the screen. But at least the video feed worked. Perhaps I should try the video in other places, such as the quoit?

So, I have not yet solved my stuckness. This means I've missed something. Nothing to do but go back over every single node in the game.  I refuse to look at the PDF. 

Hmmmmmmm.


2 comments:

  1. Are you going to keep going? I hope you keep going! I'm playing this now as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dresden! Yes, I am absolutely going to continue this and I am going to solve it! Right now I'm on hiatus because I'm finishing some work that has to come first. But once that's done (in a couple of weeks) I will be back to Barrow Hill every night! Matt Clark and Jonathan Boakes are my favorite game designers, and I would never miss even one thing that they did! Keep watching the blog (or sign on as a follower) and I promise this thread will continue! Thanks for your comment! (I hope I finish the game before you do, but if not, come back anyway!)

    ReplyDelete