What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Nethergate Resurrection 4: In the Middle


Didn't play much today but wandered around in the game and found some things I had already done. I had already dispatched the fire lizards in the Goblin dungeons, but had not slaughtered the ghosts that guard the treasure there. So I did that.

Also, I returned, just on a whim, to my "quarters" in the Nethergate village and found that I had already acquired the Rod of Safe Descent, which I will need in the mine in the Roman area that will get me to a major quest item.

I went to Hagfen and talked with the hags, but have not yet ventured into their dungeon to retrieve the Skelkie skin. As I recall, the reward for that is Key V, the only one of Sylak's six keys that I don't yet have. So that will be high on the agenda for tomorrow, I think. 

I also discovered one of the new areas that Jeff added in the Resurrection remake, and I know I have never solved it. I think it has to do with weakening defenses, which is one of Jeff's favorite puzzles. Not in the mood for that right now. 

And plus, I found yet another new quest. The Hags ask me for a horned skull which can be found in the depths of the goblin dungeons. I went there and was able to access an area that in the original game was open only to the Romans. It always bothered me that I could see the place with piercing sight, but couldn't get there! Well, now I can, but the lizards there are too strong for me at the moment.


Finally accessible to Celts! But dangerous!

Also, here's a nice shot of Raven that I grabbed while I was in the Gryphon area. Raven reveals just a bit of the major plot of the game.


Nice birdy.

So I have lots and lots to do! I also checked out one of the dungeons in the early part of the game and found that I had done it already last year--the one where you rescue a very loud girl. That's fine because I always found that dungeon a bit annoying--it isn't easy to figure out how to open certain areas. Glad I already did it.

But for the most part I left off a year ago pretty close to where I should have left off in this new playthrough. Had I not gone to Goagh-Nar I would have gone back to the Inn in Vanarium and picked up my fifth character. So it's all good!

Still a bit too weak to tackle some important areas. I want to basically finish everything else outside of Goagh-Nar before I go back there again.

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment