What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

The Fall of April 8: Finally Won!


Found the key! Hint: it is not lying out in the open. There. That should be enough.

Turns out that I was only half right about the villain. Oddly, though, there was really no explicitly made tie-in to the 1915 Balloon expedition. Yes, the last names helped, but I really did expect a more definite association with it, because that was, after all, the inspiration for the title of this game!

I expected my final confrontation with the villain to be in the place where I use the key, but no! Had to go wandering in the countryside again, which is at least pleasant.


Love the reptilian artwork

Head down here

As always, we have to use an item on the villain when we're confronted (these days we're always confronted). I was able to figure it out because it's the only item I had not yet used. Hah!

We're rewarded by some nice scenery, including this pretty sunset.


Nice reflection on the water

I must say that this is the longest I've ever taken to play a Carol Reed game, probably because I really resisted looking at the hints! Only needed just a few, which is quite nice.

So, good game as always! Enjoyed it completely! Try it and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment