What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Monday, May 7, 2018

Avernum 3-10: Getting the Last Major Weapon


Still having serious fun, and I'm ready to get back to the main plotline of the game. I have acquired the last of five major items. Now I'm ready for anything!

I spent some time trying to get through a dungeon called the "Defiled Crypt," which is of Vahnatai origin. However, I was unable to figure out how to get into the main area of the dungeon. Plus, I found a book that I can't read because I don't have enough Vahnatai Lore. (Went back to the Vahnatai town in Upper Avernum later on and could not figure out how to buy more lore. I've left a question on the Forum about both of these problems.)

Vahnatai, but how do you get through?

So, I then found the Remote Cave, which is where the Black Halbred resides. I had bought the map to it, which, if you can figure it out, will tell you how to get through. One of the puzzle is pushing a box onto a rune. Uh huh. You have to figure out how to do that! Fortunately, I did. Hint: you will need more than one box.

OK! That done, there are more puzzles before you get to the final area, which features a buncha fights with Altered Giants (fortunately I've still got "Smite," the giant-killing spear) and eventually a maddened eyebeast with a boatload of points. 

OK, the crate's on the rune, but what about this next room?


General living quarters, with monsters


Good thing I've got the Wand of Endless Magery, but hey, ya gotta remember to click on the thing, don't you! Finally I did.

Still, I'm so strong now that I think I ought to be a match for anything. I've got all characters at Level 31. I think it's time to start using those expensive crystals I've been holding onto. I need space in my inventories anyway. So that'll be my first step tomorrow.

I'm now on Day 145. Fifteen days to go until the battle at the Tower of Magi, which I absolutely want to do! I've still got the alien beast plague and the golem plague to finish up. Those ought to take up most of that time. If they don't, I'll just wander around doing quests. 

Fun times still to come!





No comments:

Post a Comment