What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Longest Journey 3: Talk, Talk, Talk


Still in the very early stages of the game because April keeps talking, and talking, and talking to people. She's talked to Emma in the café, to Charles in the café, and to Stanley in the café, who doesn't like to pay his employees.

I have found a small glitch that I'll have to be careful about. At least twice now I've hovered my cursor over people and items and the icon for choices (looking, talking, or taking) did not come up. When I first got in the café there was Charles, and I did my best to try to talk to him, but could not get the cursor.


Carlos, who has a lot to say

Also, there is a bowl of bread on a table, and I tried to see if I could get a cursor for taking a piece, but nothing. Later when I was going through the video walkthrough, April talked to Charles right away and had no trouble taking a piece of bread.



Emma, who has even more to say. And there's the bread.
I doubt that this is a problem in just my copy. It's an old game. I'm betting that the original players had the same problem. Anyway, it's a glitch, and I'll have to stay aware of it.

I also got into the subway and figured out how to buy a ticket (or rather, a week of access). 


The subway. Don't jump the turnstile.

The game takes place in what appears to be the 22nd century. You get onto the subway with your genetics. If you jump over the bar you get five years in jail

I still haven't done a basic adventuring task. April has a diary in her inventory, and I haven't read it yet. I really do need to go through that, because you never know when you're going to find clues. So I've got to take the time to do that tomorrow.

The future-time setting really doesn't look all that much different from the 1990s, but so far there have been some upgrades, especially this view of the city.


Flying cars?

So tomorrow it's diary time, and we'll see what awaits us at the end of the subway.

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment