What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Avernum 3-11: Finally got through that Dungeon!


So I finally got through the Defiled Crypt! It took a hint from the Forum, but once I understood how it worked it was really pretty easy. However, I think I might have missed an important spell book, so I may have to go back.

And I'm now on Day 148. Only 12 days to go until the great disaster in the Tower of Magi. At least I have all the weapons now.

My problem was getting into the major part of the crypt. Here's the difficulty:

Statues block the way

Although only one is showing in the above screenshot, when you first start there are two statues and two blue boxes that prevent you from entering the crypt. I thought I had it figured out, but it turns out that: Spoiler: you just have to step on the right places and the statues and boxes will disappear.

So, that out of the way, I was able to do all the fights and collect lots of loot. I also got that one more point of Vahnatai lore that I needed to read the spell book.

However, I looked at the forum to see where all the Level 3 spells were, and it seems that I need one more from this crypt. Have no idea where it might be lurking, because I went through the place pretty thoroughly.

Also, I'll have to go back to the Tower of Zkal, where there's supposed to be another one, and yet another on that island. Well that's good, because I need some more from the library in Gale, which is right in the same area. 

However, I think I probably found those books and just need to find some places to buy the other one or two levels of the spells I need. One of my major goals in all Spiderweb games is to get all the spells at Level 3. I'm still missing quite a few, and there are even a couple that I haven't found at all yet. I'm certain I just didn't have the cash to buy them when I had the chance. 

There are three major ones at the Temple of the Divine Lucre, which I joined, and I have plenty of money now, so I'll go back there too. As all that stuff is in the Golem plague area, I guess I'll finish off that quest next. I'm strong enough, so it's time--unless the Tower of Magi needs me first!

I ought to have quite a bit of time to play tomorrow. Just one short errand to do and I can go on whatever rampages I desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment