What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Avernum 3-15: Back to the Endgame!


Spent the day cleaning up a buncha stuff. I found the elusive fifth stone circle. Turned out to be the closest one to the beginning. Sheesh.

So I got all of the Level 3 spells except the ones that I probably will find very soon. I had a bunch of stuff crafted and sold it. Found a few more blessing machines for my good equipment. Sold a bunch of stuff. Bought skills for lots of coins. Had a bunch of potions made. I've kept a decent amount of coins in case I find another spells merchant (I rather doubt that, but you never know).

I even found the one town I hadn't explored yet:

A new place!

It was on an island, and even had the funniest mage in the game! (Wish I'd taken a shot of the guy, but he's just a little character in a blue robe, anyway.)

Also found just a few areas I hadn't explored in some dungeons. Found some nice items too!

I also found the last box of soldier's possessions. I had simply missed the box, even though I had looked for it at least three times previously.

But I was unable to clear up a quest from a character who wanted to meet someone who had met the Empress. I have met the Empress. I went back to her twice and did all the dialogue options and it never cleared the quest.

I left the fine meal quest unfinished. The location was fairly far away from where I was, and they took my sugar from me last time. That's all they get. I also deliberately did not destroy the Temple of Divine Lucre. They're greedy but nice to me (well, I joined to get their spells). I'm not gonna slaughter 'em. Morals.

So now I'm back at the Great Walls, which is the beginning of the endgame. I'm fairly satisfied that I did all I could do, or wanted to do. 

Tomorrow: the endgame.


No comments:

Post a Comment