What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Longest Journey 2: Memories


Still just in the very early stages of the game. I'm just wandering around and having conversations. I have found what's pretty clearly going to be a mechanical puzzle, but I have no idea why I would need to solve it yet, so I bypassed it for the moment.

What will I do with this, and why?

I've have a conversation with somebody named Cortez. April doesn't seem to like him much, but he says she has a destiny that she cannot avoid. April didn't like that. After that I wandered into some areas that I distinctly remember from my original playthrough years ago.

It's all coming back to me, but fortunately, only the locations. I can't remember the story much at all. So, despite the memories, this is like a new game to me! Yay!

Aha! I've been here before!

I immediately recognized the above area. I went to all the exits and saw the subway, the playground, the café and eventually found my way to the art school where April actually did some work.

Another long conversation

She also had another long conversation with her friend who showed up, and again she talked about her nightmares involving talking female dragons. 

I've also got a message that Carlos wants to talk to me, but I have to find the place where he's waiting for me. Will do that tomorrow if I can.

The conversations tend to be pretty long so far in the game, but the voice acting is top notch, so that's a big help.

At last I found my way to the café, where I saved for the day.

Looks like a good place for more conversations

Again, I'm using aYouTube walkthrough for these screenshots. I'm playing first and then letting the videos run without audio, so I'm not getting any nasty spoilers so far. I'm hoping this will work!

Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment