What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Avernum Escape: 14


I have slaughtered the Chasm Drake and all his reptilian minions!


And it was a great fight. First, I had to get through some truly nasty encounters before I found the lair. Then inside the lair, I had to slaughter more minions, plus some human bandits types who were quite tough.


Fortunately I have acquired just enough strength to do all this. I had to run back to Fort Remote every time I won a fight to replenish my spell energy. Plus, Cordelia was lucky enough to find a "book" that taught Return Life, which I had to do several times. Her healing abilities and Mycroft's awesome attack spells got me through it. 


But I keep forgetting to use the stuff I've acquired. 


And I acquired Smite! So now I can go attack the Giants. However, Aldous has Demonslayer, which means that "Marion" is going to have to be my pole fighter, and I've got her doing dual wielding. It's the first time I've tried that, and I rather like it. Ah well, I guess I'll just have to train Aldous to dual wield, with Demonslayer as one of the swords.


I've managed to get Aldous equipped with major magical swords, gauntlets, and shield. They sparkle in the inventory, a nice effect.


I also cleared out the Goblin Gold lair. I got their gold, but not Lord Chuckles. As he's a separate quest, I'll have to return to the place.


Ah, and I got my boat back. Indeed, the big waterfall has rocks in it, and you can go up it in your boat. I knew that had to be the case, because it's easy to get lost in the waterfall warren, and you can't buy a new boat every time. 


So next, I guess I'll go get Lord Chuckles, then I'm pretty sure I'm strong enough now to do the Slith Island fort, and slaughter Sss-Thsss. I mean, if I can kill the Chasm Drake and all his minions, I can get Sss-Thsss. I still need to find the last level of the Dispel Barrier spell, and I'm guessing it might be there. Gotta be somewhere within my range now, because I'm still finding barriers I can't dispell, and that's going to cause a lot of backtracking.


Plus, it's time to go after the Orb of Thralni in the Waterfall Warren.


I also found the dragon Sulfras, who wants the Onxy Scepter (we know that's in the Castle) and a crown that's somewhere in the Abyss (I'm guessing in Spire's treasure chest).


Oh, and I cleared out the areana lair, too. Got a Dread Curse doing that, so I went to Formello and stole their treasury. That gives you a Dread Curse too. Then I teleported to the Castle and had them removed. Easy peasy.


So, quite a lot done in the game today! Back to books tomorrow though.


Next Post

No comments:

Post a Comment