What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Monday, June 10, 2013

Baldur's Gate 3: Going Good



Aha! The Great Google has told me that there is no time limit in this game. Ergo, I decided to just go to the areas I'd been to before and clear 'em out. Found the Boots of Stealth and had not terrible fights with various enemies, until I tackled the dire wolfs in the Temple section. They got me several times before I gave up on my different strategies. Encountered my first bandits and remembered to collect their scalps. A couple of my characters are close to leveling up!

I also found the updated version of the FAQ I've been using. The guy recommends having a party that's either aligned to good or evil, but not to mix. I really like my dwarf fighter Kagian, but he does have an evil alignment, so I dumped him and recruited a Paladin, Ajantis, who has a charisma of 17. I put my special cloak on him to boost it to 19, giving us the best possible prices in the shops (prices rise or fall according to how the shopkeeper feels about you--one of the many reasons this game is so special). 

For a supposedly evil guy, Kagian certainly took it well. Everybody else I've kicked out has whined about it. Kagain just said he liked us and will rejoin the group if we ask him. Sadly, it's clear that Ajantis is the better choice for me this time. 

I definately will use Kagian again when I replay with an evil alignment, but the FAQ says that the party alignment matters when you import your characters to the sequel. Anyway, I put Ajantis, with his cloak, into the lead. I like his voice, and now when I click on the party to move, I get his voice instead of Emerald constantly saying "Don't worry about me." That's a relief. Sheesh.

So, that's all for now! I look forward to tonight!

Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment