What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Baldur's Gate 6: Going for the Gnolls



So I'm still trying to find the Gnoll stronghold, but I've gained quite a bit of experience on the trek. My reputation is now up to 19. I am, as the game says, "heroic." But it's early days yet. 

I've run into some interesting characters along the way, most of whom I have slaughtered. Reading the FAQ later, it seems I did the right things. The idea is to get 'em to attack you, slaughter them and take their stuff. I've got some interesting items from them.

I also saved a kid in a lighthouse. That was nice. Kivin was quite pleased with that "noble deed." 

I think I need to be heading south to find the Gnoll stronghold from where I am, because I encountered some enemies I wasn't nearly capable of defeating. They charmed me and seemed immune to my attacks. Ergo, I turned around. We will tackle those guys when we're stronger.

I have decided to dump Neera in favor of Dynaheir once I find her. The guy writing the FAQ hates Dynaheir because she just isn't in the right class of wizard and she doesn't have the Sleep spell. I must admit, I will miss that Sleep spell. It is awesome. He also hates Neera because her spells have a 5% chance of going wrong, sometimes in our favor and sometimes not. He thinks that's too risky. Actually, I've had no problem with it at all, but she is just so annoying! I know that Edwin is by far the best mage in the game, but he's "evil" and I'm playing "good" this go-round.

But Neera is really getting on my nerves. My choices for a good-aligned mage are pretty limited. Eventually I'll switch to only Imoen once I dual-class her--but I can't do that for another five levels. So Dynaheir it'll have to be. Other longtime players like her just fine. I may dump her mid-game for another fighter. We'll see. It's my game and I'll play like I wanna!

Had a very nice end-of-playing scene tonight. I decided to rest in that cave above the xvart village. First time I've rested in a cave, and there was a different graphic for it (with a spider!). Best of all, when I woke up, there were bats flying around and squeaking in the cave. For a 15-year old game, that's pretty impressive detail.

Anyway, till next time!

Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment