What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Baldur's Gate 8: Back to Questing



Whew! I finally finished off the Ankhegs. I really think I got all of 'em, and found some nice loot with it. I got at least 18 of the things, and had my suit of armor made too. And ha, there is no penalty at all for exceeding the limit. I got my 75 coins for the quest, and the NPC said she "trusted" that I hadn't exceeded the limit. Probably because of my fantastic reputation and charisma. 

Nice, in the Enhanced Edition you only have to wait three days for the armor, instead of the ten days the original version required. While I was waiting I stole the smithy blind. He isn't there at night.

Also, I have had my encounter with the character Dorn. Looks like an interesting fellow. Should I want him he's at the Friendly Arms. Maybe next time I'll take the guy. I'll just have to go to the Naskell mines earlier than I'm doing this time.

I'm mostly Level Four now, but oddly, Neera still can't cast a level three spell that I really need. She "knows" it, but I can't get the thing into her daily spellbook. Perhaps we need to get a spell at level four before the level three daily stuff becomes available? Stupid, if so.

I also went to the mines and circled all around it. Got a fantastic longsword for Kivan, supposedly one of the best weapons in the game. I also finally got a +1 version of one of my Japanese weapons. Still haven't found another scimitar. 

Anyway, the FAQ says that at my level the mines should be a piece 'o cake. 

I'll do the mines tomorrow! Back to questing!

Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment