What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Oakhaven 4: Endgame with Forbidden Love



Had to stop playing for awhile due to massive workload, but I grabbed the time to finish today. Anyway, I had reached the logic puzzle, which I remembered was my favorite. It didn't disappoint, as I'd completely forgotten it from the first time I solved it years ago. 

And thus we see that puzzle games indeed are replayable. Wait long enough and they all become new again!

Alas, I had a freeze when Dominic tries to pick up an item in the gazebo. Worse, I'd solved not only the logic puzzle, but several more without saving. Fortunately I was able to minimize the game (have no idea how I did that), opened another copy and played up to that point again, but without music (???). Anyhoo, I solved the logic puzzle again, and the few others (a little slider, that simple postcard one and Dominic's visit to the swamp). Saved all along the way, and saved again. Quit that and (somehow) about three other copies that opened up, got back to the original one that had frozen, and it opened right up with music, all sound effects, and unfroze.

Whew!

And there are nice swamp scenes for Dominic too:



Plus, I belatedly learned that you can get out of any puzzle any time simply by right clicking.  Even better, the puzzle picks up where you left off when you click into it again.

So that's good game design!

I admit that I find the reading load rather severe for an end-of-game resolution, but we do get another nice location!



Anyway, aside from my rather scary freeze, I once again enjoyed this simple but fun little game. Also, I have saved a game at the ouija board screen, so whenever I want to, I can consult the Game Gods for free advice.

Much fun! And it's selling now for less than $5.00 as a digital download. That's way beyond worth it! 

Thanks Cindy!

No comments:

Post a Comment