What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lost Souls (11): Zoom . . . not

[First published July 13, 2010]
After all that anticipation I find myself in the moth room . . . stuck again. My progress in the game is at about the rate of the two creatures pictured above.

There is a puzzle here. I know there is a puzzle here. I know there is a clue. The question is, what is the puzzle, which clue, and what does it mean? I've learned that Boakes leaves clues--usually pretty good ones, but you have to interpret them properly. I find them. I just don't seem to interpret them properly. The can 'n bones puzzle is a good example, and the TV puzzle and the video puzzle. The clues on the walls in that room now are gone--so they must have been clues to the video puzzle which I just sort of stumbled through.

But, I went through the freakin' huge hole in the freakin' wall and now I find myself in a room filled with moth chrysalises dangling from the ceiling and some pictures of moths in various stages of mothic life. To get through the door I need another inventory item. No doubt I will receive it once I solve the moth puzzle (or, I will blow another freakin' huge hole in the freakin' wall). But what is the moth puzzle?

I think this puzzle must be like the video puzzle--just choose the different pictures in the right order. One of the pictures must be the clue--two of them are possibilities for that role. Of added interest is that when I turn off the lights the chrysalises glow. When I grab one it opens up and I find an undeveloped, red, pulsating thing that matches the thing in the sink in the ladies room outside the station. So now I know what that thing is. I went back there, but there's no change in that location.
I have looked at those pictures dozens of times in different sequences. It makes sense that I should follow the development of the moth--but so far nothing has worked. I've scoured the room. I'm confident that I haven't missed anything. I had lots more time for playing today, but have made essentially zero progress.

It just doesn't work. Probably I haven't tumbled to what the real puzzle is.

Well, I'll be gone shopping tomorrow. Maybe by Wednesday some possible solution will pop into my head.


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment