What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lost Souls (9): Proceed!

[First published July 10, 2010]
At last I've managed to make some progress in the game! Found the old safe and its "combination," but alas, it won't open. Read some interesting notes in the pigeonholes back of the registration desk. Hmmm. "A.V." must be Andrew Verney. Had he received his note on time he perhaps would have been saved, but we know he's a ghost from the first game. Anyway, the note's still in the pigeonhole. Poor Andy.

I love seeing reminders of the first game. The ink-stained blotter is still there. The safe is an old friend. Gave me fits the first time, too.

Also, I have a largish round metal ring with symbols on it. One of them matches up with the first page of the library book. The book now has two more pages, but those symbols aren't on this disc. From that I bet I'll be finding more metal rings. Perhaps they'll all fit together? Presumably I got these from the game with Amy, but I quit right after that and don't really remember.

Wandered up to the 1st floor but couldn't get into the rooms (I must remember that there is the ground floor, then the 1st, 2nd, etc.). Tried the 2nd floor but don't have the key needed. Tried the 3rd floor and got killed.

Couldn't do anything more in the hotel, so I decided to go wandering. Aha! Echo makes contact! Echo seems to be not a very nice little ghost. She (I think of Echo as female) tried to get me killed.

Anyway, somehow I finished the TV puzzle in Room 1A, after Echo unlocked the door for me, although not before getting killed a couple of times. Very nice, very scary effect. Really don't know how I solved that puzzle. It just worked an instant before the monster got me for the third time. Interesting video of, apparently, me and Mr. Bones (who looks awfully young in the video--doesn't match the voice on the tape).

Also, I've spotted some definate clues on the walls of room 1A. There are eyes with numbers in them and different objects associated with them: a magnifying glass (the inspector?), bones (Mr. Bones, obviously), and birds. I thought at first that might lead me to a different combination for the safe (substitute number three for number four, etc.), but if so I haven't figured it out yet and I think that idea isn't right. Either I'm screwing up the safe puzzle as I screwed up the can 'n bones puzzle, or I need something else.

But for now, even with all my nice shiny new clues, I'm stuck again. I went wandering to all my old haunts (heh) hoping that Echo would come for me again, but nope.

So, tomorrow, I go over every inch of the hotel and click on stuff. There has to be something I've missed. I'm pretty confident that I've found everything outside.

I still need scissors. They have to be close.

And then I will . . . Proceed!


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment