What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lost Souls (14): Being Irresponsible

[First published October 14, 2010]
Today I threw responsibility out the window and went back to my game!

First, we had The Week from Hell, with Dad in the emergency room twice, and then doctors' visits, with our transportation abandoning us at one point. Humph. And then I got a load of books from Kirkus to get done ASAP.

Well, I'm working on a 400-pager that I don't much like, and I'm halfway through, and Dad was sleeping, so I grabbed some time and I played Lost Souls! Completely irresponsible behavior. Hah.

So I was still trapped in the second TV room. I took some good notes on the TV movie regarding the ordering of symbols (if that's even the clue at all), found another missive from Amy regarding angels, and got outta the room. Found lots more eyes. Figured out a cryptic message from Echo that took me back to old haunts. Did have to go to the WT at one point just to get going in the right direction, but after that I was fine.

And at last I have saved a Lost Soul! Got the key to Room 1E, Gloria Grable. At last I went back in time! And woo hoo, now here's a revelation: I had always thought that Matilda Fly was the Sly Fox, in cahoots with Gloria.

It was nostalgic listening to Gloria--my old friend Nanny Noah from Lost Crown. She was my favorite character. Love this actress--she does a nicely subtle job and is completely convincing.

Anyway, I had a good old time sorting through Gloria's stuff, and opening her puzzle box (which was easy peasy--sometimes I do get lucky). Also I killed a Throbbing Thing, just like the one in the ladies room sink, so I know what to do with that when it comes up again.

I did encounter one game glitch. We need three items to help Gloria get released. I got two of them, but suddenly, at one point a bloody bank note just appeared--and I hadn't picked one up. The game seemed to want one more item, so I went back and found Gloria's journal again, and this time I was able to pick up the bank note. After that the game ran fine.

But the stuff in this room is just fun, old-fashioned adventure find-the-item, puzzley stuff, which I like. Gloria has been released, and she gave me lock-picking tools and a clue about bad Amy.

So after that I had to go find a lock to pick. I think I'm finished with all the first floor rooms, so it made sense to go upstairs another flight. And there was a nice padlock. Took me awhile to figure out the sound clues (good thing I played Lost Crown) and I opened it. Ta-Da!

However, by that time it was night, so I just saved. I'll go exploring down the second-floor hallway when I'm feeling irresponsible again. But now that I'm into saving souls, which is the heart of the game, I think, I should be more motivated. Going back in time is not as scary as wandering these decrepit halls.

So today, I had fun! Yay!


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment