What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lost Souls (16): Finding Matilda

[First published October 11, 2010]
Just a brief update, 'cause I really do have to finish that Kirkus book before I get back to the game.

Still, I wanted to get to Matilda! First, I went places I hadn't been able to solve previously, because now I have lockpicks. One never knows where a coin might lurk. I tried the lockpicks on the metal toolbox by the fire outside the ladies room and found only another scissors stash. That means, I'm sure, that eventually I'll be killing the Throbbing Thing in the ladies room (as these are simply enormous moth pupae, does that mean that Amy will turn into a giant moth? Doubt that).

But still no coins. Alas, the Station Master's chair turned out not to be a coin-dispensing chair after all.

Reluctantly, I went to the WT. Yes, I was right about what the item was and where to get it, but the WT said, "use the two coins you took from Mr. Bones."

Huh?

By that I knew I'd missed something. However, I've never actually encountered Mr. Bones personally. I only met him through his game in the buffet, and during the TV interview. Nowhere else.

Pondering upon the problem, I realized that I must have missed something in Amy's latest cache, out in the owl hunting grounds. The timing made sense. It's about the right time to find those coins. I figured that the skeletion must be Mr. Bones himself, in person. Amy must have bumped him off. Went there, examined the place more thoroughly, found Mr. Bone's ID card (apparently I had that earlier, but didn't examine it--thought it was Amy's latest party invitation, which I'd read and acted upon), and finally, found the two coins. There. That's a good use of a WT. It didn't give me the actual answer, but jogged my thinking so that I could figure it out.

At last, I got the elusive item, placed everything, and have had my initial conversation with Matilda. I'm now outside her door with the proper glowing symbol, and am ready to enter.
I saved there. Now I have a good incentive to finish that damned book before I reward myself with my Matilda Adventure.

But alas, I note that this was pretty near the bottom of the walkthrough. I gather then, that Matilda is the last ghost I'll be dealing with, besides Amy. Must mean that I'm approaching the endgame.

Will there be no episodes with dear Edith, Betty and George? No saving poor little Timmy or even Tom? Guess not. Damn.

Anyway, must hit the book.



Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment