What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lost Souls (6), Day 3, Additonal Addendum

[First published June 13, 2010]
OK. I'm in (although I don't really want to be in).

I figured that I must have missed some kind of clue in reading that newspaper in the Ladies Room, so I went back and pieced it together again. This time I didn't have any technical problems, and the paper came together and allowed me to take it, which it hadn't done before. After that it was easy to find an item I needed, enough to get me into the horrible dining room.

And the dining room in the original game was so nice. Haunted, but quite nice really. Pity.

So at last I'm in. But it's nighttime here in California and I really don't want to be in that hotel when I'm alone in the dark. I went right back out again to that warm fire (which still wants an inventory item I don't yet have) and saved there. I just couldn't leave the poor, shivering inspector standing in that awful place for a week, all alone, well, except for those there with him, of course, who or whatever they may be.

I feel better that it was a technical glitch that prevented me from moving on rather than my own stupidity. I don't know if this would happen on a regular PC. I'm playing with an Intel iMac under XP. No other problems with it at all--it really is like having two computers in one--but it could be that the Mac base caused my problem. More likely it's this new Logitech mouse I bought, which has been a bit screwy on the Mac side. No matter now. It wasn't my own stupidity (I mean, I really am better at playing these games than that!) and I solved the problem all by my cheery self without going to a WT.

Actually, this really was a very well done turn-on-the-lights-and-get-in puzzle.

I may not get back to the game for a week or so, but at least I won't have to spend that week frustrated, and neither will the poor inspector.


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment