What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lost Souls (4), Day 3

[First published June 13, 2010]
Well, I've made some progress, but am well and truly stuck for now.

The Station Master's office didn't hold as many treasures as I'd hoped. Found another installment of the little story of four sisters. Now I have two sisters, and have listed clues about both. No doubt I'll need that information later in the game (if I can crack into the later game).

Had a good little puzzle in the office of getting all the trains into an emergency stop. Not difficult. Found a newspaper--perhaps someday we'll find out why every one of Boakes's games have something to do with the end of April. For now, if I'm right about "Bonfire Night" being Guy Fawkes Day, then the game is occurring on November 5th.

Well, the train puzzle gave me a clue, and I was able to open up a small new area with a watertower. I knew I hadn't seen that before. Climbed up and found tapes to fit the reel-to-reel tape recorder I'd discovered in the office (apparently its last treasure, alas). Played those and met what can only be the voice of Mr. Bones.

Also found a sort-of steering wheel on the ground by the tower. However, I can't penetrate any deeper into the woods there. OK. Back to the regular area. The steering wheel doesn't work on any of the places that want inventory items I don't have, so I decide to try playing the tape everywhere I've encountered Amy--on the bridge, and in the telephone area. Nothing. I play it in the obviously haunted Ladies Room, but no dice there either. I play it by the fire, in the station, in the Station Master's office. Nada.

Yesterday, in the station, near where I found the Station Master's letter, I found a box that I can open, but I can't take anything from it. Maybe I can make that a scissors stash? If I ever find any scissors?

I'll take this space to say that I really like the menu screen and its music. Nice.

For now, though, I indeed am well and truly stuck. I've explored everywhere. There doesn't seem to be anything left for me to do.

Which means I haven't explored quite enough. I've missed something.

I will ponder upon it.


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment