What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lost Souls (12): ZOOM!


[First published July 14, 2010]
Finally! Progress, real, unadulterated, actual progress has occurred.

I figured during my time off that those glow-in-the-dark chrysalises were too prominent to ignore. I thought, hey, if I grab enough of them something will happen. I grabbed and grabbed. Nope.

I went to the walkthough. Yes, it was time to do that. The puzzle? Just pick the correct glowing chrysalis.

Dumb puzzle.

Why it's dumb: There are way too many chrysalises. Nothing happens when you grab the first 20. Ergo, you just have to get lucky in order to solve the "puzzle." You have to be facing in the right direction. If you start in the opposite direction, as I did, you will be grabbing chrysalises for quite a while. You will become frustrated with the game. You will stop grabbing chrysalises eventually and look up the solution in a walkthrough.

I think my idea of grabbing the pictures in the right order is a better puzzle.

However! I am now zooming along in the game. Not only do I have scissors, I have already used them twice to break into new areas. I have broken one pair and grabbed another one. I found three more pages in the library book, with more symbols. I've encountered Echo and Amy again. I've died again (can't figure out why that happened). I've also made it outside again and can now re-enter through the outside door to the train platform (very nice).

I would happily have continued but I don't have as much playing time today (especially after wasting all that time grabbing useless chrysalises). I think I might visit the unformed giant moth in the ladies room sink and stab it with the scissors. Maybe that's the object the fire wants.

Till tomorrow . . .


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment