What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lost Souls (5), Day 3, Addendum

[First published June 13, 2010]
Well yup, I missed something all right. Alas, finding it has not advanced me in the game though. All I had to do was push on the door in the ladies room to find another little shock, and another newspaper jigsaw puzzle to put together.

One technical problem: each time I try to put together one of these jigsaw puzzles, my cursor wants to get stuck on the left side of the screen. It took me some doing to get out of the screen once I'd solved the puzzle.

Finding the puzzle did get me one new experience. I decided that I had to go over every node and look both up and down, which led me back to the water tower. I climbed that again and got a "here" signal to shine my flashlight. That yielded yet another puzzle for which I do not have the required inventory item. It's not the remains, so to speak, of the tape recording item grab. That only took a hand movement. This time it's asking for an inventory item.

That was the sum total of my progress, however. No node yielded anything new.

I do have a "puzzle," if it is one, that I have yet to understand. There is this pulsating thing in the ladies room sink. If I touch it I get a vision of vodka and pills, both of which I have in my inventory. However, I can't seem to do anything with them.

No, I do not want to go to a walkthough. No, I do not want to set the game option to "easy." It's on "hard" and I'm keeping it there. I imagine that an "easy" setting wouldn't have any effect on finding items anyway.

Alas, I may not be able to get back to the game for a few days, although perhaps I'll break down and try again. I have the day out tomorrow for shopping, then on Tuesday I'm supposed to receive six books to review for Kirkus (my job, such as it is). I have to get those books done before I can play again.

I'd say there's a good chance, though, that I'll get a bit of playing time in. I want to get into that hotel (although no doubt, I'll regret it!).

Whatever I'm looking for, it's somewhere I haven't looked. Can't blame it on pixel hunting either, as these pixels actually are too large.

Time away from the game often helps.

Hmmmmm.


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment