What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lost Souls (3), Day 2, Addendum

[First published June 12, 2010]
Ah HA!

I figured it out. I indeed did have the correct number. Cracked it with one try. Once I realized that I just wasn't working the lock properly, I pondered upon how it might work differently.

I received a flash of insight. Things are not always as they seem. (Hmmm. Where have I heard that phrase before?)

I think I was thrown off course by my experience with James Burke's Connections game, which featured a combination lock that worked like a bicycle lock, and was overly sensitive, and gave me fits.

Heh. This one doesn't work that way. One tiny clue: twirling direction doesn't matter.

Clever Jonathan!

Well now, this is turning out to be one corker of a turn-on-the-lights-and-get-in puzzle.

A side note, however. This kind of frustration is what puts the average person off of adventure games. We the persistent will enjoy the endorphin-like shot of glee when we crack a tough puzzle that has driven us slightly mad. Most folks, though, perhaps more reasonable folks, will just walk away.

I am greatly glad I persisted, and did not go to a walkthrough.

However, I saved the game again just after I opened the door. Must take care of Dad. He has his beloved Nascar race to watch tomorrow, so I should get more playing time.

Ah, what treasures await me in the Station Master's office?


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment